Thrilled at the Fantastic Response to our New Collections
We would like to thank all our customers for the fantastic response and feedback to all our new collections.
When designing our new dancewear collections, I knew I wanted to bring something fresh and different to reinvigorate and expand our dancewear offering.
The Elegance collection was where it all started, when I came across a beautiful sample of new contour lace. I really liked it and found that the colours it was available in co-ordinated perfectly with soft cottons we could source, that is when the range started to come to life!
When designing the Elegance collection lots of factors were taken into consideration, and I tried to cover all of them within the designs…
• Extra support – So I double fronted the leotards with an extra layer of cotton, which also gives a lush feel.
• Bra straps – Making sure the designs would permit a bra to be worn comfortably.
• Elaborate backs – A choice of different ornate backs that allow dancers choice and have something for everyone.
• Different sleeves – Long and short options available, we’re always mindful to have options for those who prefer not to expose the upper arm.
• Gusset poppers – Having these available on two styles of the lace leotards allow them to be worn after class or as a fashion item with jeans or a skirt.
• New colours – Introduction of Teal & Burgundy.
Once the lace designs were finalised, I decided to apply the same principles to a net fabric, and added sparkles to the material giving it a glamourous and twinkling effect.
My mind then turned to the younger dancers as I did not want to leave them out. So when I found a beautiful soft lace in pale pink and pale blue, designs for the ELE/9 and ELE/10 leotards started to take shape. These two designs are perfect for the Back to School season so it has been wonderful to see them on so many of our customers Back to School orders.
Once the Elegance collection was designed I reviewed our customer requests book and decided to design some Ballroom Dresses, Lyrical Dresses and Character Skirts.
Then I decided to add some sparkle to our popular selling nylon lycra leotards, which I called our Detailed Dancewear. Our Multi- Purpose dresses freshened up our Skating range and also crossover into the worlds of Majorettes and Twirling.
When all the designing was taking place, it became obvious that the new collections needed a fresher and more up to date website so that they could be viewed at their best. So a new website was created which I am very proud of.
It has been a busy 6 months in the world of Tappers & Pointers!
We hope our new collections will help our customers have a busy Back To School Season.
Director Tappers & Pointers Dancewear Ltd